Target Staff: For Supervisors of those who Safeguard Children from Harm
Attendees: Maximum number of attendees - 20
Frequency of Course: Three per year
Course Duration: This 2 day course, delivered on consecutive days, will offer a mix of learning methods including role play and individual work exercises. It is a two day taught course.
Course Aim: To effectively equip supervisors to deliver a child centered restorative approach and evidenced based safeguarding supervision to others in the children’s workforce.
Learning outcomes - By the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Understand the different elements and functions of supervision.
- Use engagement skills to build a facilitating relationship enabling a supervision process.
- Create a supervision atmosphere that can safely be, challenging, exploring, reflective and analytical whilst ensuring the staff members well-being.
- Use knowledge and reflect on the current research of what works in relation to effective supervision.
- Use models of supervision practice to inform their work.
- Describe the impact that child protection work may have on front line workers in all agencies involved in safeguarding children and be able to use their supervision skills to manage this impact.
- Help workers to analyse information and use this analysis to inform decision making in situations where there are concerns regarding the safety of a child.
- Understand the risks and implications surrounding the supervision process and the supervisor’s responsibilities including the duality of roles.
- Understand the responsibilities of supervisees and be able to clarify their contribution to making supervision effective.
- Consider the dynamics of integrated teams where line management and professional supervision may be separated.
- Use knowledge of adult learning styles and understand the various methods of supervision that can be used such as team/group supervision.
IF THE DATE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS NOT HERE THEN THIS COURSE HAS PROBABLY ALREADY BEEN SHORTLISTED, SO PLEASE CHOOSE AN ALTERNATIVE DATE.