Target Staff: This course is an introduction to identifying and working with children and young people who are at risk of experiencing Neglect.
Attendees: Maximum number of attendees - 25
Frequency of Course: Three per year
Course Duration: One day
Course Aim: To raise awareness and effectively equip practitioners with information from research and practice evidence to identify signs and symptoms of neglect and the impact on children.
Learning Outcomes - By the end of this course participants should be able:
- Identify the signs and symptoms of neglect
- Consider the potential impact of neglect on brain development
- Recognise the common pitfalls in recognising and responding to neglect
- Identify tools and resources for assessing the impact of neglect, including but not limited to The Graded Care Profile and Norfolk’s Neglect Identification Tool
- Apply a model of parental capacity to change and sustaining progress
- Understand the relevance of dysfunctional professional systems
IF THE DATE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS NOT HERE THEN THIS COURSE HAS PROBABLY ALREADY BEEN SHORTLISTED, SO PLEASE CHOOSE AN ALTERNATIVE DATE.