This course is being delivered both virtually and face to face. If it is a virtual session it will run over two consecutive morning sessions. If it is face to face it will be a single day's training.
About the core training
Our training gives delegates the knowledge:
- How to undertake an Early Help Assessment
- How to develop a Early Help Plan with the family and their network.
- To lead, support and participate in family network meetings
Exercises and activities take place throughout the sessions to create confidence in early help practice. We use the Signs of Safety model and maintain a child focused approach working alongside families and their network.
What does the training cover?
- Recognise the National and Local context of Early Help
- The importance of Childs Voice and Lived Experience
- The importance of involving the Natural Family Network
- Working Together with other professionals to support families
- Explore and experience the application of the principles, processes and apply the tools of Signs of Safety including
- How to apply these principles in practice
- Early Help information in your locality
Who should attend?
The training is suitable for workers who work with children and young people aged 0-18 years, or those who work with adults who have children. It is a multi-agency training course and is open to all agencies and services in Norfolk. It is a good opportunity to network and gain knowledge in your district.
We recommend that at least one worker from your organisation attends and undertake the training every 2 years to keep informed of national & local policy.
Course length and cost
The Early Help Assessment & Planning training usually takes place as a full day classroom session. However, currently the training will also be delivered through two virtual three-hour sessions. There is no cost for this training, although there will be a late cancellation charge of £50. Booking needs to be made 10 working days before the start of the course in order to secure a place.
Course dates and locations
While the training is facilitated virtually, you are able to access the training at any date on offer.
Face to Face District Training 9:30am -4:30pm – will be delivered by the Partner Focus Officers who support this area. It would be beneficial to book onto the training within the District that you work, to build on local relationships and to receive information relevant to your own area.
If a date does not appear below this is because the date is fully booked.