To equip practitioners with the knowledge and analytical skills to promote sound professional judgements when working with the Framework for Assessment and to produce effective conference participants by the child protection staff.
Group three and above
Learning Outcomes - participants will have the opportunity to:
- Understand the key features and underlying principles of the Assessment Framework
- Consider how to approach assessments which are inclusive of all children
- Recognise the importance of working with children and families, identifying and taking account of their strengths as well as concerns
- Understand the importance of keeping the child in focus and be aware of the factors that can inhibit this
- Develop confidence in analysing information and making professional judgements
- Be aware of the purpose and function of the child protection conference
- Understand how to prepare for child protection conferences
- Understand how a child protection plan is constructed
- Consider the issue of child participation
IF THE DATE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS NOT HERE THEN THIS COURSE HAS PROBABLY ALREADY BEEN SHORTLISTED, SO PLEASE CHOOSE AN ALTERNATIVE DATE.