- To develop an understanding of the harm that both parental drug use and young people's drug use has on the family, taking into account developments, psychological and physical factors within a holistic assessment framework
- To explore attitudes and values around drug and alcohol misuse and how these impact on practice
- To explore resources policy and guidance, in order to promote positive interventions in families where substances are misused
- To focus on the wishes and feelings of children who live in families where substance misuse is an issue
Group three and above
By the end of the course participants will:
- Understand the key features and underlying principles of the Assessment Framework in relation to substance use/misuse
- Will have a thorough understanding of NSCB Policies 5.11 - Children and Young People who Misuse Substances and 7.3 - Children of Parents who Misuse Substances.
- Will have explored personal attitudes and values in relation to families and substance misuse and how these may impact on young people, their parents and carers
- Will have the knowledge of key guidance documents and the competencies to work with this group.
IF THE DATE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS NOT HERE THEN THIS COURSE HAS PROBABLY ALREADY BEEN SHORTLISTED, SO PLEASE CHOOSE AN ALTERNATIVE DATE.