Virtual Signs of Safety Foundation Training
Please note that this training will be delivered across three sessions on three consecutive days. All three sessions must be attended to complete the course. The sessions will run as follows:
Day One - 9.30am to 12.30pm
Day Two - 9.30am to 2.30pm
Day Three - 9.30am to 12.30pm
Target Staff: Those who work regularly with children and young people and adults who are parents or carers and may be asked to contribute to assessment of children in need (Group 3) and those with a particular responsibility for safeguarding children (Group 4).
Attendees: Maximum number of attendees- 30
Course Duration: Three sessions across three days
Course Aims: This training provides practitioners and managers with the skills and knowledge to be able to use the Signs of Safety approach in their practice.
Learning Outcomes - The course will cover:
- An introduction to Signs of Safety Assessment and Planning framework.
- The history of the creation and evolution of the approach.
- An interactive demonstration of the framework and questioning.
- Practice Mapping in groups.
- Safety planning
- Involving children with the "3 houses" and the" safety house".
- Using Words and Pictures explanations.