- Have a clearer understanding of how specific learning and developmental needs might impact upon a child’s sexual development
- Understand some of the reasons why young people in this population might display harmful sexual behaviour
- Identify skills and techniques to use when having conversations with children and young people in this population along with their parents/carers about harmful sexual behaviour (HSB)
- Be able to adapt assessment and intervention when working with harmful sexual behaviour to be responsive to the developmental needs of the child or young person and their parents/carers
- Understand how to create realistic, proportionate and comprehensive safety plans for children and young people with neurodevelopmental conditions such as Autism and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).